Thursday, October 30, 2014

BeamNG.Drive - Logitech G27 Picture-in-Picture - Touring Small Island in the 4x4 Manual Pickup



I decided to blog about a different kind of driving game today, a rather unique game, with a funny name, BeamNG.drive! I see a lot of people asking about the Logitech G27 on the BeamNG forums, and how it works with this game, so I decided to show you first hand! I have a picture of my hands physically on the G27 as I drive around the island. I must say, it works great! As you can see at the beginning of the video, I'm in manual mode with automatic clutch. Since this video I figured out how to enable the clutch, and it makes it even better!

The steering ratio of the truck is quite large... but that's probably pretty accurate. The game handles INCREDIBLY well with the G27, faaaaaaar better than it does with my XBox 360 controller. I could never get a vehicle to go straight with the 360 controller, but with the G27 it's quite fun.

Anyone remember 1nsane, the old offroad game from Codemasters? With the G27, this game reminds me of that. I can't wait for them to further flesh out the game with missions and a campaign mode, it's gonna be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment