Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Project CARS - Graphics Level Comparison



In this video, I wanted to compare various graphics settings that people would commonly use to start optimizing the game for their PC. In the upper left hand corner, absolutely everything is turned off, or on minimum. Beside it to the right, I have turned on all the visual FX settings, but turned all the fidelity settings to medium. In the lower left hand corner, visual fidelity is on high, and on the bottom right corner, everything in the game is completely maxxed out. I used to play the game on this setting no problem, but recent patches have put a bit of a strain on my PC, so I switched to the settings you will find here:



Here I optimize my game settings so that I could get 60 FPS while running on ultra settings. Nearly everything is still on ultra, but I turned down my AA and texture mapping to get better FPS with minimal visual degradation. Lastly, I wanted to show a full screen video of everything either turned off, or at minimum settings, in the video below:


As you can see, the game actually still looks pretty good on minimum settings! This video is for all the nay-sayers that think the game can't run on less than an nVidia Titan, or that it will look terrible if everything isn't on ultra. Yes, I play the game on Ultra, and I love it, but if I could only play on minimum settings I'd still love it.


Computer Setup:
ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2 Motherboard
AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 8-Core 3.6 Ghz Processor
32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z DDR3 2300 RAM
Thermaltake 750W PSU
PNY GTX 770 OC2 4GB Video Card
MSI N560GTX-Ti 1GB Dedicated PhysX Card
Windows 8.1 64-bit OS

2 comments: