Thursday, October 9, 2014

It's Race Night, and I'm Ready!!

I got a new Logitech G27, so lets roll!! It dropped to $205 on Amazon, so I had to grab it, and good thing I did! It's already jumped back up to $229.99, which is still a great price, but I like mine better. Here's a video of unboxing the G27.

I had bought one before, but it was used (VERY used) and the calibrating gear in it was bad. I should have returned it, but I tried to fix it, and it didn't work out. Don't buy a used G27, unless you're personal friends with the person you buy it from. The wheels online are usually sold after the calibration wheel inside is broken, that's why they're cheat. The wheel works... but will lose calibration after anywhere from 2 hours to 2 minutes, depending on how bad it is.

I had been using my Driving Force Pro with my old G27 pedals, and it was good, but I really missed the clutch and shifter. I saw that these were down to $205 on Amazon, and decided to grab it! I'll be selling my modified DFP now, and the parts from my old wheel to help fund the new one.

As I said in the video, the price on these is VERY volatile. This is still one of the better prices I've seen it at though, so I'd still recommend jumping on it before they raise the price again! The price I see most often is $240 or higher.

You can buy your own G27 from Amazon here:
http://amzn.to/1sfHy5v

No comments:

Post a Comment