Monday, October 20, 2014

Project CARS - Zero Assists vs. All Assists - Side by Side Video Comparison



For this video I decided to compare no assists to all assists. Personally, I always drive with no assists, or real assists (with everything turned off) but decided I wanted to show people the difference between the two.

Many people seem to think Project CARS is an arcade game, or a simcade, but that's simply not the fact if you drive it as intended. Yes, the game does have a very dumbed down version of driving to make it accessible to everyone (I was actually quite surprised how easy the assists make everything) but when you turn them all off, it's a whole other ballgame.

I chose this track because I'm very familiar with it. I chose the car because I find the Caterhams to be the hardest cars in the game to drive with zero assists. If you brake too hard, you will wipe out, guaranteed. And that's exactly what I like to do... brake too hard at the last second. So it's quite a challenge without ABS. With all assists turned on, it might as well be a Civic Si. Driven by your grandmother.

So anyway, next time you think Project CARS doesn't look very realistic, just remember, not everyone drives with the pro settings. I'm no pro... but that's still how I choose to roll.

PS. The input monitor's were a nice touch, but they track the cars inputs, not the user inputs. So on the All Assists side, most of the time that it shows me modulating the gas or the brakes, I'm actually just holding the go pedal down to the floor. And of course, I'm never using the clutch, which the game shows. Kinda wish they only showed the user input, not the assists input.

2 comments: