Monday, January 19, 2015

BeamNG.Drive Game Review



When I played the game with my X-360 controller, I thought it was neat. The damage physics, the way the suspension moves, the way the body rolls with bumps is just amazing. This game has the best soft-body physics I've seen in any game. When I really fell in love with the game, as you can see in the above video, is when I hooked my Logitech G27 up to it. Wow! The off-road handling is fantastic with a wheel. In my mind, this game is the spiritual successor to the original 1nsane. Of course it doesn't have any of the game modes (it is in alpha) but I've never had this much fun driving off road in a game before. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes driving off-road, and has an FFB wheel laying around. You dont need a G27 to enjoy the game, even a $50 Driving Force Pro would work great with it.

In addition to all the above, the game has a strong, and quickly growing mod community. The first video I have listed below uses a Crown Vic police car mod that I downloaded from the official game forums.



The next video shows all the officially supported vehicles in the game, and the mods available for them.



So if you don't have the game yet, you owe it to yourself to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment